ICT Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Job Title: ICT Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Salary Banding: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Job Location: Birchwood, Warrington
Contract Duration: Permanent
Hours (weekly): 35 (Monday to Friday)
Are you an ICT Infrastructure Engineer, looking for a role where you can take the lead in the development and implementation of Enterprise level infrastructures and virtualised environments?
There’s a lot of great things happening at Your Housing Group making it a good time to join the business and get involved. We are currently implementing significant investment into Digital and Organisational transformation and our ICT Team is growing and evolving significantly.
As part of this growth and investment, our Infrastructure team has recently completed a large-scale transformation project and we are continuing to develop the hybrid cloud virtualised environment.
Due to this, we now have an opportunity for a capable ICT Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our collaborative ICT function to continue to maintain and develop the infrastructure at YHG both on premise and in the cloud.
As our Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will help shape further change for the business and play a key role in implementing new enterprise level systems within storage, compute, networking and disaster recovery. Other projects the Infrastructure team will be spearheading over the coming months include moving the business to Microsoft Teams and migrating to SharePoint online, so there’s a lot of significant change in systems and processes to keep you challenged, interested and further develop your experience.
As an ICT Senior Infrastructure Engineer here at YHG, you will also supervise, mentor and work collaboratively with other Infrastructure Engineers and will work closely with the service delivery teams to provide 3rd line support when needed.
If you have the majority of the following experience, we would really like to hear from you:
- Implementing, supporting and managing VMware virtualised server, application & desktop delivery technologies, ideally with a VCP qualification in vSphere v6 upwards
- Implementing, supporting and managing Windows 2008R2, 2012R2 or 2016 server estates
- Implementing, supporting and managing AD, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS, NPS and WSUS configurations
- Knowledge of Cisco switching, routing, Wi-Fi, MPLS & VPN
- Operational experience in utilising and managing Cloud based technologies (Azure and Office 365)
- Supporting and managing Storage platforms (SAN & NAS systems)
- Resolving complex technical problems within specified SLA’s and in accordance with policies & processes, ensuring that all solutions meet relevant standards
- Leading and assisting in the delivery of ICT infrastructure projects, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place and that the solution is handed over to the Service Desk
- Working knowledge of change control methodologies and production of technical documentation
- Collaborate with test teams in the testing of new systems, patch releases and major upgrades
- Working with 3rd party support & delivery partners, ensuring they comply with internal standards.
In return, we offer our Senior Infrastructure Engineers a competitive salary of £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience. Plus a great benefits package including – Flexible working, 25 days holiday plus all bank holidays, (plus an option to buy further holidays), pension (matched up to 8%), Life insurance, medical benefits scheme subsidised gym memberships and discounted shopping vouchers /Half price cinema tickets.
Closing date: 20th September 2019
Should we receive a high number of applications, we may close this vacancy earlier than the date indicated above
Your Housing Group values diversity and encourages applications from all communities. Your Housing Group operates a Guaranteed Interview Scheme for tenants or anyone who resides in a Your Housing Group property. It also operates the scheme for any applicants who declare they have a disability. Those applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the role as set out in the role profile will be guaranteed an interview. Some roles may be subject to probity checks which will override the scheme where a potential conflict of interest or a probity matter has been identified. YHG1
Your Housing Group